Common Law Relationships

If you are living together in an intimate relationship, you are in a “common  law” relationship. Issues of child custody, access and support, and spousal support, are all the same as in a marriage. Property issues are not, and there is no such thing as a “matrimonial home” with the rights that go along with that designation. The longer the relationship lasts, the more the property issues become similar to those in a marriage, and also tend to be more difficult to sort out.

 Please Refer to our Resources tab for further helpful information. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our helpful staff to set up a consultation.