Small Claims

The Small Claims Court can handle any action for the payment of money or the recovery of possession of personal property where the amount claimed does not exceed $25,000, excluding interest and costs such as court fees. Here are some examples of claims that can be filed in Small Claims Court:

    - Money owed under an agreement
    - Unpaid accounts for goods and services
    - Unpaid loans
    - Unpaid rent
    - NSF cheques
    - Property damages
    - Personal injuries
    - Breach of contract


Please Refer to our Resources tab under the legal section for further helpful information. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our helpful staff to set up a consultation.